I have questions about Medicare. Where can I go for more information?

For information on Medicare services, please call 1-800-MEDICARE or visit www.medicare.gov

Return to Top
I am interested in finding a grant from the federal government. Where can I go for information?

The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)

This web site gives you access to a database of all Federal programs available to State and local governments (including the District of Columbia); federally-recognized Indian tribal governments; Territories (and possessions) of the United States; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.

You can search this database to find assistance programs meeting your requirements and for which you are eligible. You can then contact the office that administers the program and find out how to apply.

Also available on this site are several aids to guide you in the writing of a proposal to apply for assistance.

Other Useful Links:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency's Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program

The 2002 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program's on-line application process has been designed to lead fire departments through a series of screens that will ask basic questions about the department, its firefighting workload and capacity, and its proposed project.

Departments can begin an application, save it, and return as often as needed. Throughout the process, they will have access to extensive help screens, definitions, and other information. After the application is finished and submitted to FEMA, an electronic confirmation will be sent.

Return to Top
I'm planning a trip abroad. Where can I find information about the country I am visiting?

For general information about foreign countries, please visit the U.S. State Department website.

The State Department issues Travel Warnings when it is recommended that Americans avoid a certain country.  In addition to this list, the State Department issues Consular Information Sheets for every country of the world with information on such matters as the health conditions, crime, unusual currency or entry requirements, any areas of instability, and the location of the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in the subject country. For a list of countries currently on the State Department Travel Warning list, visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings.html/.

Return to Top
I am coming to Washington D.C. and would like information on the tourist attractions to visit and how I set up times for tours. Where should I look?

I have offered a great deal of information on where to visit while in the Washington, D.C. area. I have also provided information on how I can help you set up tours, as well as links to various tour websites. Please visit the tour section of my website.

Return to Top
I am a resident of Alabama, and I am having a problem with a federal government agency, where should I go?

I can help constituents in dealing with federal agencies. Examples of these would include issues that arise with: The Internal Revenue Service, the Social Security Administration, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the Department of State, among others. Please visit my casework section to learn about how to begin the process.

Return to Top
What will my Social Security benefits be when I retire with our current Social Security program versus investing in the market?

As the debate continues as to the best approach to fix Social Security, the perfect solution is far from apparent. We must balance the concerns of all Americans to find the best solution, weighing the interests of those approaching retirement with those of individuals who would receive better returns in the market.

Return to Top
Frequently Requested Agency Information

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services -
toll-free information line: 1-800-375-5283
toll-free form request line: 1-800-870-3676

Internal Revenue Service -
toll-free information line: 1-800-829-1040
toll-free form request line: 1-800-829-3676

United States Department of State -
Helpful Information on Every Aspect of Foreign Travel and Passport.

National Passport Information Center -

Social Security Administration -
toll-free information line: 1-800-772-1213

Return to Top